Thursday, April 23, 2015

Playing Favorites

Paul had to work late on my birthday, so, as I always do when he works late, I piled the kids into the car and took them out for dinner. We had barely got on the road when Nicholas piped up from the back seat.

"I love all my sisters, but I have to say that Evelyn is my favorite."

Chloe took exception to this statement. "What?!?!?!" she shrieked, probably louder than necessary. "What do you mean Evelyn is your favorite?"

"She's my favorite sister because she's really loud, but in a good way, and she laughs a lot, and she poops a lot!"

I couldn't help but instigate: "You think she poops more than Chloe does?"

"What?!?!?!?!" Chloe shrieked again from 18 inches away.

"She poops a ton! I really do love all of my sisters, but Evelyn is my favorite."

Nicholas is winning at big brotherhood.

No comments: