Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just a Moment, Let Me Check. Yup--I Do Have a Pulse

I wouldn't blame you if you've assumed that I've died--flattened by some runaway delivery truck or poisoned by copious amounts of milk and cucumber, or a jealous ex-lover. Although...if you're reading this you are probably related to me, and thereby know that I am neither flattened nor poisoned nor terminated by any other traumatic event. I'm just...lazy. And maybe uninspired.

Although I've laid down my pen these past few months I've never stopped reading, and by reading I think I've come to understand what I dislike about my blog. Simply put, people's lives are boring. Especially people who think their lives are amazingly interesting. I don't want to read about it, and I really don't want to write about it, and I'm afraid that's the direction that my words were beginning to head.

So I guess the bottom line is this: I need a theme. Or at least a hobby. Or even an existential occurance. I don't know.

So, while I haven't actually written anything, you should probably know that I think about this every single day, and every single day I fail to conceive any idea that I find worthy of putting to paper.

But I won't stop trying.

1 comment:

Erica P. said...

I don't feel it was getting boring at all. And you could have written about the wedding planning, you could write about your bridal shower (that has potential to be quite funny) and soon you'll be able to write about your wedding. If the only readers you have are related to you, and me, lol, then we would LIKE to read about those things :)