Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Segue

All in all, the wedding turned out pretty much how I wanted it to. It was laid back, casual and fun. I had fun, anyway...I hope other people did, too. If you ask my new mother in law, it was beautiful and brilliant and just right for us. And that was the most important thing for me--that it be 'us'.

I surprised myself by not being nervous. Anxious, maybe, but not nervous. I didn't shake, I didn't sweat...I didn't even turn splotchy red! (thank goodness...). As I walked down the aisle on my dad's arm, I did feel my composure slipping away, but I looked up and saw my almost-husband, and suddenly the world was gone.

I feared that I would go into auto-mode and say my vows mechanically, but I didn't. I absorbed every word the chaplain said and I meant with all my heart every word that I said to Paul (except the whole submit thing. Whoops.). I cried as I knew I would, but delicately I think, and not the kind of tears that kill my voice and crumple my face.

The thing was done so quickly, and before I realized what had happened, we were being announced, for the first time, Paul and Heather Abundis. And you couldn't wipe the smile from my face.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

It was a fun wedding. And I agree, it was perfect for you and Paul.

Mom said...

See how painless that was? And how happy your mom is? Yay Heather Abundis!!!