Thursday, April 14, 2011

Did Someone Drop A Fertility Bomb?

I have been continuously asked the same two questions in the last (almost) three weeks:

1) How's married life?
Answer: Um...exactly the same, thank you. (Yeah. We've lived together for a year and a half. Was something supposed to change?)

2) When are you going to have a baby?
Answer: Ok, there is no answer to this one. Just evade, evade, evade!

How is it okay for someone to ask that?

In the meantime, there are newborn babies everywhere I look. Multiple facebook friends are either pregnant, overdue, or have recently had a baby. Every other blog I click on features photos of brand new babies. Baby clothes and baby furniture and baby stories shared by new moms who are the only ones in the world who could possibly understand what it means to be a parent.


And kids. Photos of kids who are the spitting image of their parents, wrapped in an embrace that is only comfortable when shared with those who formed you. Stories of the funny things kids say while being tucked into bed, and the messy art projects that are made with love and presented with pride.

I'd be lying if I didn't say my green monster is rearing its ugly, intrusive head. So, in the meantime, I'm thinking a garden will do. I mean, if you're not going to grow one thing, you might as well grow another, right?

It must be a spring thing...


Families--familial resemblance not required.


3 comments:

Marjorie said...

I say screw the baby mongers! I'm enjoying the small amount of time I have left to be selfish with all my heart. Besides, they're probably the same people who fell in love and then tried to set their single friends up because everybody else should be in love too. I just tell Mom that she should really get on Josh about the grandkid thing.

Mom said...

I'm a happy mom. Two blogs! Yay!!And you go ahead and get that lettuce planted. As for babies,well, I'd never say no but buy I'm happy with the five grands I have. :) Love you!

Erica P. said...

It'll happen when it's meant to happen. And when it does, you will be a wonderful (biological) mother!