Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Clouds and Random Fretting on a Dingy Tuesday

Yes, yes, the weekend was amazing! But that's info for another post at another time. The (huge) downside of having a wonderful weekend off is the necessity of returning to real life. I let myself get into these moods where everything annoys me. I start out by harping on something that shouldn't bug me as much as it does, and like fertilized petunias in my mom's front yard, the mood grows. And then my co-workers begin to do things that shouldn't make me crazy, but they do. Like slicing massive amounts of internet-purchased cheese. Yeah. And leaving Group Health brochures about healthy eating for life on my desk. I'm not the diabetic in this office. And talking. Just the act of opening his mouth is enough to send me over the edge.

Or, ya know? Let's chalk this up to PMS. And toothaches. Three week long toothaches. (Mom, I'm looking into a special health care credit card that allows me to finance dental work...I'll survive)

This is a busy month for weekends. This coming Friday I'm heading north for an evening and half a day to see Mr. Delph get married! I haven't met his fiance, but I really hope he finds happiness. He deserves it.

The following Saturday I have to head to Shelton for an all day class. I had NO idea how far away Shelton was until Paul and I headed south this past weekend. My class starts at 8:30 am so I'm going to have to leave the house at like 6:00 am. That sucks. Especially since the class is, get this: Intro to Windows. If my job didn't depend on this, I'd bail. Or teach the class myself. Holy crap.

I have a test tonight. The instructor said the test 'may or may not' be open book. Really? I'm crossing my fingers for open, but I think I'll do ok if it's not. I'm confidant that I know the difference between a pc and a server, Word and Excel.

Paul and I had a conversation about oceanic topography and its effect, in addition to the effects of temperature, season and currents, on the size, distance and frequency of waves, and I must say, I love that he and I are evenly yoked when it comes to intelligence. Even intelligence is hugely important in a successful relationship, especially to me, and we have it! And we each learn from the other constantly. I love that man.

Forty-six minutes until 1602. This day needs to be over.


And now for something cheerful--photos of cute animals. It's hard to be crabby when you're gazing into the face of the adorable. Huh.





No comments: