Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Take Your Prozac Before You Read This One

I know it's Wednesday, the middle of the week, but it feels like Monday. Like the beginning of an infinite phase, a dry-as-saltines textbook that weighs more than your head, a stopped clock.

At the same time, I'm annoyed that it's Wednesday. I'm annoyed that half of another week has passed, and nothing has been accomplished. This week is just the same as last. And the same as next.

It's January. It's grey and foggy. The cleft in the cheeks of winter. Stalled. And I'm annoyed that January is almost over and we're that much farther into another year and nothing has been accomplished.

I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel and it makes me so tired--I'm tempted to lie down on the concrete and close my eyes, feel the rocks dig into my face and hands and just give up. Maybe it's just a severe lack of sleep.  Maybe it's Vitamin D deficiency.

Happy Hump Day.

Here's a picture of my lovely sister, Lindsey, attempting to wake up my tempermental nephew, Cyan.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You sound like a bad country song...and I know how you hate country....

Lindsey said...

Nice picture for hump day. (:

I think that picture cost a kick in the face, unfortunatly.