Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday


I've been neglecting my thankfulness lately. In fact, I think it's been a month since I've posted one and I'm feeling a little guilty about that. And this graphic is just too cute not to use (terrible reason, I know).

It's been a hard month. The Christmas-let-down-back-to-real-life-depths-of-winter blues really got to me, and I'm trying with all my might to be positive as we jump into February. After all, February is a short month and dumps us into March which is only one month away from April, and at the end of April we maybe might start to see signs of spring! Hang in there, people, we're almost done!

Oh yeah....being thankful. I've got to do it!

1) I'm thankful that el nino (pretend there's a tilde over that second n...I was told how to get it there, but it just isn't working, so we're going to have to deal with the gringo-ness of my Spanish typing) has been taking it easy on Western Washington. California is drowning in their own rain-water stew, and the south side of the states have probably resorted to burning their grandmothers' antique furniture to generate a bit of warmth. Up north, Canada is panicking at their impending snowless winter Olympics doom, and, ya know, the polar ice caps are melting away. Meanwhile, Washington is sitting pretty with abnormally warm temperatures, even if there is still way too much rain.

2) I'm thankful for my new obsession--KOMO AM Radio 1000. I've forgotten what FM radio is like in the car, because I can't stop listening to the news! I don't especially like reading my news, and I'm never home at the designated TV news hours, so I catch up with current events on the way to and from work with my new friends on the radio. Also, I can listen to traffic "every ten minutes on the fours" to make sure Paul hasn't died in a fiery wreck on his way to or from work. (Ok, the real reason is just that the voices keep  me company. Much better company than morning radio show/music ever did. Is that weird?)

3) I'm thankful for my bullsh!tting skills (sorry Mom). I have the God-given talent of being able to write pages and pages and pages of homework reports without ever expressing a single coherent thought, and scoring A's for the made-upedness (yes, it's a word, trust me....). This ability has saved my life over the last five weeks, and hopefully the skills will last for the next five weeks.

4) Finally, I am thankful for this guy, who supports me in everything I do, try to do, want to do, talk about doing but never do, or simply don't do. He encourages me to stretch myself and grow, to try new things and  to develop my talents. He holds me when I'm tired and plays with my hair. He tickles me when I'm hyper and eggs me on. He makes dumb jokes that send me into gales of belly giggles. He considers my feelings and helps me out at home. He respects me and honors me, even when I don't deserve it. And above all, he loves me with a love that I didn't even know existed. And I love him.

(You didn't think I could get through a thankful post without gushing about Paul, did you? I am seriously thankful to have that guy in my life.)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That's a new one- thankful for bullshit. I love it!