Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dressing in the Dark

This morning, like every other morning, I got dressed in the dark. Okay, not entirely the dark but the dim light that I turn on does nothing to illuminate the depths of my closet. Usually, this isn't a problem. I grab a pair of jeans (either from the closet or the floor...), a tank top from the dresser and a sweatshirt to throw over top. It doesn't really matter if anything matches or not--it all fits together one way or the other.


 
Typical workday outfit. Except we don't have that particular sweatshirt.
But you get the idea...I'm usually a walking billboard.

This morning, however, I decided to put a little effort into my clothes. Instead of the typical jeans, I grabbed a pair of comfy black slacks, and I replaced the hoodie with a gray embellished t-shirt. The Chucks, of course, remain the same.

Things were great when I jumped into Tiffany's car, makeup bag in hand, still pulling my shirt over my head (I'm not always ready on time...). As I started to apply my makeup (with no mirror--weird sensation) I looked at my lap. You've got to be kidding me. I was essentially wearing this:



Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad, but I nearly had a heart attack when I realized that my pants were brown! Me, Heather Johnson, non-mixer of non-mixable neutrals, was wearing a grey t-shirt with brown pants and black shoes! I was appalled.

Call Stacy and Clinton cuz this girl needs help!

Actually, Tiffany said it looks fine. Apparently you can mix grey and brown, and you can even mix black and brown. I'm not sure I believe this, but it works for today. If you see me in this conundrum of an outfit, please don't scrutinize too closely!

No comments: