Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Never Want to See Another Paint Roller Again

I realize that this blog has lost any semblance of art it may once have held. I love writing good pieces and believe me, once I can write them again I will. But for now you have to be content with boring updates and insights into my little world.

After a very long week we are done painting the house. Well, a few spots might need touch up, but all the hard work is done. And not a moment too soon...my body is about to succumb to painting exhaustion. How do people do this for a living? It turned out pretty nicely if I do say so...

This is the living room. Trust me, it's not nearly as yellow as this picture makes it look. The room looks bright and warm and mellow.


And here is the dining room. Believe it or not, Paul picked out the purple. I think it turned out really nicely!


Seen all together, the red of the kitchen, the yellow living room and the purple dining room coordinate really well. I was worried that it might look like Rainbow Bright puked all over our house, but that's not the case at all.

This Thursday, Paul, Christopher and Peter will lay bamboo flooring in the kitchen, dining room and entryway, and at long last we'll be able to finish moving in! I can't wait...I'm really sick of this whole moving thing.

I thought you'd like to know that I survived my first dress-trying-on experience. And I actually had fun! Once I discovered that I don't necessarily look like a linebacker draped in satin, I was able to relax and get an idea of what I want to wear.

At one point, the consultant said, "do what you want...you're the bride!"

And I thought, oh my goodness. I am. How weird is that?

I didn't find the dress, but I did find a lovely number for my mom to wear. It's what we in the Johnson family fondly refer to as a 'mother of the bride' dress. In other words, awful beyond words. Here's Tiffany modeling the frothy, bedazzled confection:

1 comment:

Mom said...

I can't wait to see you new home. As for the dress, if only the tiers were different colors I would so get it for you wedding. Oh, well. The search continues.