Monday, September 13, 2010

Nerves.....

I have an appointment to try on wedding dresses this afternoon after work. I should be really really excited, right? I mean, this is the most important dress I'll ever put on (according to Monte on Say Yes To The Dress: Atlanta, who has incidentally never worn a wedding dress. Well. I can't say never. Who knows.) I should be confident and ready to feel beautiful and find that dress that was made for me to wear.

But...I don't. In fact, I'm kind of dreading it. Hello? Insecurity? It's Heather, and I wanted to let you know that you can go now! A few minutes ago I looked at my reflection in the bathroom mirror here at work. It's at such a height that I can see from my head to the tops of my thighs and all the imperfect bits in between. And there I was in jeans and a hoodie. The same thing I've worn every day for the last year. How am I supposed to transform this basic girl in casual clothes to a radiant bride?

But this is me. Believe it or not, I used to clean up pretty good. I used to wear skirts and heels and a full face of makeup every day. Maybe that girl is still in there...maybe I can lure her out.

I'm really hoping those bridal consultants can work some magic tonight. Who knows what might happen? I'm more than ready to be surprised.

Tiffany is going with me, and I'm very thankful for that. We have very different taste sometimes, but she'll be honest with me and we'll have fun. She's the planning queen.

I wish my mom was here, though. She wouldn't be much help because she'd love everything I came out in. She'd be enthusiastic and supportive and funny, and maybe a little sentimental. We'd have fun. Who knows...maybe we can make another appointment sometime when she can come down.

I mean, who else besides my mom knows to check whether or not my flat Jensen butt looks blissfully bigger in the dress?

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I promise to check out your butt. =P

Mom said...

It would be so awesome if we could go together with Tiff as a rudder! I'm sure a few crinolines will help with the butt issue. lol jk!