Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Out of Simple Stubborness...Here's the Stupid Shoe Post

   New Shoes         
Paul got me new Chucks for Christmas, and I finally exchanged them for the right size yesterday! Our feet are close to the same size, so he picked a pair that fit him, but my vanity decided that they needed to be a little smaller because my feet look like flippers.

I've been wearing my old Chucks since...let's say September of '07. Not an abnormally long time, but I wore the heck out of those things. The once-black canvas is now a dusty grey and the rubber toes are dingy with dirt and scuffs. There's a split through the rubber and canvas on the outside of each shoe where the ball of my foot bends. Those shoes have climbed the stairs to Japanese temples with me and trekked the streets of Kamakura. They've explored the history of my country in Washington DC and driven from Washington State to Colorado overnight. They've crossed the United States several times, and they've kept me stylin' at home. But their time has come. I'm starting out the new year in a pair of beautiful, bright, brand new Chuck Taylors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pan found a home! Paul's friend, Catt, is following me home today to take Pan to her family. I'm excited to meet her! Catt and I have been talking online since last April, Paul raves about her and we've been living in the same town for three months now, so it's about time we meet.

BUT. My house is trashed. We haven't quite recovered from Christmas yet, and I'm thoroughly humiliated to have her see the house in its current state. Catt, if you're reading, please don't judge me on this first impression. There's cat puke on the rug. I haven't swept in a week. The boxes and packing material for my new pots and pans, crock pots, rice cookers and mixers (yes, plural on ALL of them haha) are stacked in the kitchen. How embarrassing. At least the dishes are done.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I think you are missing the point of why we read your blog. We don't care how boring something may be. You're a fantastic writer and you are able to make each of your posts fun to read. Your vocabulary is capturing and the heart that you pour into your writing is what draws us back over and over. So write about whatever you please, we will still keep visiting :)

Heather said...

Well you make me blush! Thank you very much for the compliment. I don't always have a lot to write about, but just writing makes me feel good.