1. Dido-- White Flag
This song reminds me to fight for what is important. If giving up is an option, it wasn't meant to be yours.
2. Jars of Clay-- Tea and Sympathy
3. Dishwalla-- Counting Blue Cars
I'm listening to the lyrics again, rather than quoting them mindlessly. This song closely reflects how I've been feeling lately about the whole meaning of life. Deep.
4. O.C. Supertones-- Dedication
5. Incubus-- Just a Phase
6. Linkin Park-- Cure for the Itch
7. Pink Floyd-- Us and Them
8. Five Iron Frenzy-- Four-Fifty-One
'We're going nowhere, and it's happening fast/A dim future and a darker past.' I feel convicted; how bout you?
9. Muppets' Treasure Island-- Shiver My Timbers
10. Ciara-- One Two Step
11. Train-- Drops of Jupiter
12. Guns n' Roses-- Since I Don't Have YouCanadian Anna from Wal-Mart first got me really into GnR. I love this cover... it combines 60's rock n' roll with the edge of late 80's power ballads all wrapped up in a beautiful Axl package. 'Yep, we're f*cked.'
13. Gym Class Heroes-- 8th Period: It's Okay But Just This OnceBleh. Two good songs on this CD. This is not one of them.
14. Nirvana-- Smells Like Teen Spirit
15. Natalie Merchant-- Life Is Sweet
Apparently my iPod thought I needed to revist my teens and early 20's today, as nearly all of these songs highlighted that point in my life. That was a fun little trip. I hope I didn't bore you too badly.
Paul, no snotty hippie comments, and no down talking about how my generation was robbed of good music. You're only calling yourself old. And I love you and your taste in music!