Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday



 

 
Today, I will make a list. Lists seem to be my thing lately. Prepare yourself for more to come. But first, a list of thanksgiving.

  1. I'm thankful for the beautiful views I witness on the way to work each morning. From the lights of west Seattle, to sea smoke on the water, from lawns bedecked in Christmas lights to the silhouette of the Stennis against a lavender and orange sky, it's a lovely way to start each day. I would comment on the view of downtown Port Orchard in its holiday finery, but as we drive through it I usually have my face buried in the sun visor mirror, applying makeup mostly by memory.
  2. I'm thankful for the catch-22 that is cloud cover vs. temperature. It's freezing, but it's beautiful out.
  3. (I am NOT thankful for the way Blogger auto-saves every 7.2 seconds, jerking my text box out of view so that I have to scroll down again to find my cursor. It's driving me freaking ape-crap crazy!)
  4. I'm hugely thankful that I can wake up each morning and kiss Paul's sleeping face before I crawl out of bed. He may not be home as much as we like, but he's there when I fall asleep and he's there when I wake up. I feel endlessly lucky for this.
  5. I'm thankful that my mom misses me sometimes. It makes me feel appreciated.
  6.  I'm thankful that I don't fit in at Wal-Mart.
I know, it's an odd list. But these are the things that came to mind, and it's the little things that make life wonderful.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wanna go to Wal-Mart tonight? If we use the buddy system...

Heather said...

We would stick out like classy sore thumbs!